CURRENTS EXAMPLE AND HOW TO WRITE CV FOR 2023 AND 2024
What is CV?
Curriculum vitae, often known as a CV, is a term that is frequently used in academia to refer to detailed or even comprehensive descriptions of a person’s professional background, educational background, and experience, as well as publications and other details. This has led to the prevalent misperception that short CVs should be termed résumés instead of CVs in American English, however this is not supported by the usage noted in American dictionaries. The University of California, Davis, for instance, observes that “in the United States and Canada, CV and resume are sometimes used interchangeably” when describing the frequent distinction made in North American academia between the use of these terms to refer to documents with different contents and lengths.
Steps in Writing CV
To Write a CV, you should follow these steps:
- Choose the right CV format. There are three main CV formats: chronological, functional, and combination. The chronological format is the most common and lists your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent job. The functional format focuses on your skills and experience, and is a good choice if you have gaps in your work history or are changing careers. The combination format is a mix of the chronological and functional formats.
- Add your contact information. Your CV should include your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. You may also want to include your LinkedIn profile URL.
- Write a professional summary or objective statement. This is a brief overview of your skills and experience, and what you are looking for in a job.
- List your work experience. For each job you have held, include the company name, your job title, and your dates of employment. Then, list your key responsibilities and accomplishments.
- List your education. Include the name of the school, your degree, and your dates of attendance. You may also want to list any relevant coursework or extracurricular activities.
- List your skills. List your hard skills (such as proficiency in software programs) and soft skills (such as communication and teamwork).
- Proofread carefully. Make sure your CV is free of errors in grammar and spelling.
Here are some additional tips for writing a CV:
- Tailor your CV to the specific job you are applying for. Highlight the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
- Use keywords throughout your CV. This will help your CV get noticed by applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Be specific and quantify your accomplishments. For example, instead of saying “increased sales,” say “increased sales by 15% in the first quarter.”
- Keep your CV concise and to the point. Aim for one page, two pages at most.
- Use a professional font and format. Avoid using too much color or fancy graphics.
Once you have written your CV, be sure to proofread it carefully before submitting it to any potential employers.
Examples of CV
No 16 Redemption close, Behind Road Safety,
Near Noble Noel Academy,
Date of Birth: 2nd June, 1992
L.G.A Aboh Mbaise
State of Origin: Imo
Language Spoken: English & Igbo
- B.Sc. B. ED. Guidance and Counselling 2010-2014
Second Class (Hons); Lower Division
Imo State University
Senior School Certificate Examination
Heritage Comprehensive Secondary School.
*FSLC 1997 – 2003
First School Leaving Certificate
Clifford Road Primary School Aba, Abia State.
- National Youth Service Corp 2015-2016
Young Disciples Academy, Akure.
Achiever’s Group of School.
* Presiding Officer
Ondo State Chairmanship and Councillorship Election 2016
Sale Rep Gera farms
2017 – 2021
Akas Farm 2022 – 2023
Certificate of National Service ` 2016
National Youth Service Corps
I possess excellent communication skill and am resourceful in strategic planning/problem solving. I am a dynamic learner, and sociable. I speak English fluently. Very respectful and goal oriented.
- To work in an organization with a vision for improvement and Growth.
- To place down my utmost skills in taking the organization to Greater height and as well achieve personal Greatness.
- To show ethical behaviour at all times.
- Effective in communication (writing and speaking), leadership, management ability and entrepreneurship.
- Good in computer operation
- Open minded to work in complex environment
- Ability to work effectively under less or no supervision with integrity and honesty.
Reading professional/intellectual books, relationship/motivational books, socializing and meeting with people
H.R.H (Dr) Harrison B
Agwa 1 of lagwa Autonomous Community
Mr. Jackson B
Young Disciplines Academy